LN BOYA LTD looking for an experienced Lead Stress Engineer for the Analysis of Aircraft Engines / Gas Turbines & Aircraft Nacelle Structures.
We are looking for individuals who have ideally experience in the Stress Analysis of & Aircraft Engines / Gas Turbines and Aircraft Nacelle Structures (Metallics & Composites). We offer great career prospects and opportunities to work within a fantastic working environment. A salary package of up to £45K will be on offer together with a benefits package.
Your primary responsibility will be to undertake the structural analysis of Aircraft Engines / Gas Turbines and Aircraft Nacelle Structures from using latest Finite Element techniques (ANSYS, ABAQUS/CAE, ABAQUS/STANDARD, HYPERMESH, PATRAN, NASTRAN, Opti Struct, LS-DYNA) and using Classical Hand Calculations.
- Performs Stress analysis for Aircraft Engines/Gas Turbines & Aircraft Nacelle Structures using Finite Element methods (FEM) techniques and Classical Analysis Methods.
- Aircraft Engines /Gas Turbines:
- Building FE models of Aircraft Engines /Gas Turbines modules or components – Static, Dynamic, Thermo-Mechanical, 2D or 3D using commercial FEA Software’s.
- Focusing on the analysis of mechanical integrity for compressor, combustion or turbine subsystems and component parts for stress and Performing post-processing and generating appropriate outputs
- Performing mechanical analysis tasks of gas turbine modules or components, mostly based on FEA
- Carrying out various types of analysis based on the above, i.e. static stress, fatigue, life assessments, and optimisation, etc.
- Produce technical slide packs and reports and presenting analysis results, Representing mechanical analysis/stress in multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Performs linear and non-linear (Geometry, Material & Contacts) finite element analysis for DFEM models and post-processing of results.
- Aircraft Nacelle Structures:
- Develops Global Finite Element models (GFEM) for internal loads generation & Detailed Finite Element models (DFEM’s) for sizing purpose for Aircraft Nacelle Structures using commercial FEA Software’s.
- Identify/develop load paths and suggest design modifications
- Performs analysis using industry standard calculation methods (i.e. Bruhn, Roark, ESDU, Peterson, Flabel).
- Prepare Stress and F&DT Analysis Reports & develop analysis packages for review and release.
- A graduate or master’s degree or Ph.D. qualified or equivalent in Aerospace / Mechanical Engineering or similar related subject.
- Minimum 10 -15 years’ experience in aerospace stress engineering.
- Leading experience on the analysis of aero-engines, compressors, combustion, turbine and exhaust systems and all associated components – Concept design, detail design and component definition.
- Leading experience on the Analysis of Aircraft Nacelles Structures like Inlet cowl, Fan cowl and Thrust reversers.
- Solid knowledge of aircraft loads and Solid knowledge of mechanical design principles.
- Excellent knowledge of metallic and composite materials and structures.
- Good Experience in Commercial FEA Software’s (ANSYS, ABAQUS/CAE, ABAQUS/ STANDARD, NASTRAN, PATRAN, & HYPERMESH).
- Good Experience in Linear and Non-linear analysis and also Static and Fatigue Testing.
- Very strong experience of finite element stressing techniques and complex testing of assemblies, component and materials.
- Gas Turbines – Whole engine system knowledge preferred & System level FE analysis, known as Whole Engine Modelling or GFEM, an advantage.
- Modelling of structures under multiple loads (e.g. rotational, aerodynamic).
- Detailed knowledge of sub systems of a gas turbine & Life (HCF & LCF) analysis of rotating machinery.
- An understanding of material behaviour, crack propagation, contact, thermo-mechanical fatigue and statistics.
- Experience in traditional hand calculations and Mathcad is essential and also the usage of a CAD package (CATIA V5 or Unigraphics NX).
- You will have a high level of competence in MS Excel including Visual Basic/Python to create scripts or tools for analysis purpose.
- Excellent communication skills with a good level of verbal and written English & Ability to work quickly and accurately to follow client needs.
- Technical and project leadership, Leadership qualities and people management. & Internal review and sign off of deliverable before submission to the client.
- £40,000 to £45,000 Negotiable dependent upon experience.
- The company offers very good benefits and career support.
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.
The closing date is on 22th November 2019.